Update 02/13/2023: Well, it has been over 13 years since I first wrote this article and 12 years since I gave an earnings update on it. In the last earnings update, 11 years ago, we made a total of $657 in earnings. Fast forward to today, and we have a few different accounts on Hubpages.
The one I initially used for this article generated $3,561.58 to date. Considering I haven’t written a new article on that account in the last 4.5 years, and we are still averaging $540 per year is utterly astounding to me. Across all of our accounts, we have easily earned over $100,000 from all of our content over the last decade. I’d say this has been a very successful case study!
What follows is the initial review I wrote 11 years ago. While many things have changed online, Hubpages continues to be a powerhouse for generating income from your online writing.
Is Earning Money Online Legit?
Earning money online is something that many people dream of. It can seem complicated and sometimes impossible. We’ve all tried eBay, but the results are lackluster at best.
I’ve tried making money online several times, but the results never seem to live up to the promises, or the company is trying to charge me money. Today, I’m going to provide you with a review of an online content platform called Hubpages, and they are free to use!
If you’re unfamiliar with Hubpages, the basic idea is you signup for a Hubpages account, post well-written articles, place ads on that article and make money. There is a bit more to the setup process, such as linking your Google Adsense account, but that is covered by them pretty well.
Hubpages is a website that allows you to write articles, they will post Google Ads onto them and you make money from the Adsense Revenue. We wanted to test this platform out, and here are the results:
Over the course of 9 months, we posted about 50 Articles. We have just recently passed the one-year mark, and we have earned a total of $88.44 in online money. Consider: the articles took very little time to write (barring maybe a small handful), the platform has many great features, it was absolutely free, and this money will be earned as long as Google and Hubpages are around.
Hubpages was started by a former Microsoft executive, so it has a good reputation backing it and there is no disputing the results. We are making money online, and we haven’t touched it for about 3 – 4 months! Currently, Hubpages is averaging between $25.00 – $35.00 a month, and we are quite pleased with it! If you have some extra time, or the desire to write and making money online then we highly suggest Hubpages as a great, viable option.
- Most Important: You retain all rights over your articles!
- It’s a great, user-friendly platform
- It’s easy to setup
- You get great traffic right away from search engines because Hubpages has a high PageRank.
- You get a lot of traffic from the Hubpages community as well.
- You can link Amazon and eBay Products to earn affiliate revenues
- They have a very helpful community that can keep you motivated and give you tips for making money online.
- Money is slow to start trickling in at first, so writing the first couple of articles can seem like a thankless task. After you have some articles up and the search engines find them, then that is when the money starts coming in.
- Update: In our first year, we earned about $90. After 2 years, we’ve earned a total of $657. That’s a considerable increase!
Currently, we earn about $30.00 a month in online money, but there are verified cases where people are earning $900.00 – $1,000.00 a month. In those cases, the authors typically have over 500 articles and write on a consistent basis. In addition they generally build link popularity outside of the Hubpages community. It isn’t impossible but it will require a lot of work.